Thursday, March 09, 2006

Randomness...Chaos Theory and Strings


I’m going to start out this post with a story, and then move on to just completely random thoughts.

The other day while at work, I was out running a ticket and came back to the Tech room to find one of my co-workers, that I’ll call “Tomasa”, with wide eyes and her hand over her mouth.

“Hey…what’s up?” I asked.
“Mmfh mmmh!” Tomasa replied.

I kind of laughed at this point because I couldn’t understand a single mumble and I looked back at her. She dropped her hand from her face and it was then that I noticed that her tongue was stuck IN HER BRACES! I know that I laughed out loud before I asked, “What the heck did you do?!”

She mumbled a couple more things…this time a little more intelligible. She tried a couple times to remove her tongue from her braces, but kept wincing because of the pain. I couldn’t help but laugh at her predicament. I went over to my desk and got a sharp pair of scissors because I was going to pretend to say that we needed to cut off her tongue, but she freed her tongue on her own. It bled a little bit and was worth many more laughs the rest of that day and the next.

Poor Tomasa!

***Random Thoughts***

Spring must be almost here. Our campus is taken over by a bunch of robins and such. I saw a hawk, while flying, take down a robin and begin to eat it. Nature is kind of rough at times, I guess. Then again, it’s not like the hawk can learn to eat lettuce and grass.

I had a waking thought the other morning that stuck with me: “Love can make a moment last a lifetime.”

The DC area is designed for people that like to live the fast-paced life. If you don’t like fast traffic, fast times, fast friends or a fast life…this isn’t the place for you. I know it’s not the place for me. The laid-back, centered, peace-filled Scott is no more and has been replaced by a stressed, tense, upset Scott…and I don’t like him one bit.

If life is about choices and living with the consequences…why can’t you choose not to live with the consequences? Why does life make it impossible to choose sometimes?

Why can I never remember to write in this darn thing? I have the time…I really do. Then again, I don’t have time to make friends…and I would much rather have friends than a blog.

It’s 40 degrees outside…and the windows are open.

2 Comments:

Blogger Niczi said...

yep...it is starting to become spring down in Ole Louisiana also Tech...to bad your not here...could get some good wings and beer...

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think life's fast now, wait till you have kids. I know I'm getting old when I look at my oldest son and remember that he was once a tiny baby that I rocked to sleep. Now he's 7 and has a girlfriend. Life moves at a fast pace and it's meant to be lived, but at the same time we can be so busy living, that we forget to slow down ocassionally and enjoy life (not just live it). Ironically kids are also the best reminder to slow down and enjoy what life is all about (I've never been so at peace then when I see my boys asleep at night). I guess we'll save the validity of the string theory and the existence of ten-dimensional hyper-space for another post. Take care.

-Webmaster

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home