Thursday, March 23, 2006

You know it's bad when...


I know…big shock. I wrote twice in one week. Well, you know what? Sometimes something happens that you JUST CAN’T BELIEVE…and you have to share with friends…this is one of those things.

As you know, groovy and I got a new recliner this last weekend which left us with a surplus of recliners, and a lack of room. The easy solution was to look at the remaining furniture and figure out which was the least usable and get rid of it. We did that and decided that, while my old recliner may LOOK a little worse for wear than groovys old one, it was designed much better and actually had REAL WOOD in it.

So, we moved groovy’s old recliner out of the way and moved some of the other furniture to make room for the new recliner. It’s nice. The old recliner sat dejected by the door, waiting for me to do something with it. Well, this morning I decided that I was finally going to do something with it. I put the chair together and carried it downstairs to my truck (bear in mind, we live on the 3rd floor).

I decided that the best place for the chair, as it was in pretty good condition considering its advanced age and claw marks (thanks to Sasha) was “WoodGill” (I obviously changed the name so that I wouldn’t get in trouble…but I think you’ll have no trouble figuring it out…if, indeed, you do have trouble, just switch the “W” and “G”). I arrived there and picked up the recliner (picture it sitting upright, balanced on my right arm and shoulder) and started walking toward the dock where they take large items.

“Um…we can’t take that,” the guy that was standing there said.

“Excuse me?” I said…completely confused. “Why not? It’s furniture!”

“We can’t take things in that condition. That chair is damaged.”

I think to myself, “Groovy has had this chair for years…so what he’s saying is the furniture that we use on a daily basis isn’t good enough for “WoodGill”?” My confusion and total disbelief must have shown on my face because he came back with a condescending, “I’m sorry.”

“Uh huh.” Well, the guy made the mistake of walking back into the building. I, being the type of guy that I am and thinking that if this furniture is good enough for me, it’s good enough for someone else, decide that I’m putting it on the dock anyway. Which I did.

I left with absolutely no karma points, and I imagine that the old, poor chair will end up in the garbage. You know it’s bad when the stuff you use every day isn’t good enough for “WoodGill”. *sigh*

**Edit!** The chair looked exactly like the one in the picture (without th cuts and stuff)...and no, that's not Sasha **End Edit**

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't give poor Sasha a customary nickname!

8:49 AM  
Blogger LaTech said...

I called Sasha before I posted this and asked her (she picked up on my other cell phone). She said that her fan-base is so large, that they would be upset if I didn't use ehr real name.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home