Wednesday, June 13, 2007

And then again...


I know I said that was the end…well, I’ve changed my mind. So there.

Greetings dear reader…after taking a little bit of time for myself to refocus and center myself, I’ve decided that writing in this blog really IS cathartic. I mean, if I have no avenue to release thoughts, I’m going to get more and more frustrated with things. So, as such, I shall continue this…project. And, as suggested by someone I work with, this isn’t always going to be positive things. I’m going to be real here…good or bad, it’ll all be here.

Rebirth.

Like a phoenix rising once again from the flames, I’m rediscovering who I am…who I’ve become…and who I want to be. I freely admit that the person that I have become isn’t really the person I want to be. It isn’t the ME me, if you will. It’s the person that I have become as a result of that which occurs around me…and I’m tired of that me. It’s not the me that I want to be…it isn’t the INSIDE me.

Who is the inside me, then? The inside me desires peace…desires contentment…desires the ability to admire and embrace the simple things. It shuns complications. It is quiet, but firm. It wants to follow the dreams that it has...to be itself.

I want to be like Smurfette and Cat (two friends of mine that I work with). Smurfette is always supportive of her friends. Always there to lend a kind word. Cat is going through some hard times of her own…and yet, is surviving. They’re both making do with what they are given, and are bettering themselves as a result. Or take Ah-Ha, one of the guys I work with. I’ve never seen him have a bad day. He’s always “livin’ the dream”…I want to be that way.

I realize that one simple thing can give me all that I seek: Perspective. It’s not so much the things that happen to me that I’m in need of fighting…it’s how I choose to react to those things. If something bad happens outside of my control and I get upset about it, I’ve already lost. I need to be the blade of grass instead of the crystal glass.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey buddy, it's been a while. Well my wife and I are about to have our third boy (early October), and things are going pretty good. That pretty much get's me current with the big news, now on to the topic of discussion. I hate to hear about how some things have turned out. So many times in life things don't work out the way we want, and you're right part of that is perspective. Also part of it is attitude, and probably most of it is blind stinking luck (good or bad). I always try to keep the attitude that no matter what, all of our existence will be just the blink of an eye to the universe and we happen to be a bunch of psychotic monkeys infesting this tiny little dirt ball floating around the sun. When you think of it like that you may ask "What's the point then?" Ultimately I find that the point is not for anyone else but me. I try to live on my terms and make the best that I can out of what I have. I try never to compromise myself in ways that I can't live with, and let the rest "fall where they may." I generally prepare for the worst, but I always hope for the best. And when you do get the worst that life can give you, you can't forcefully change the attitudes and actions of those around you, you can only change your reactions and attitude to life and those around you. Also, don't watch too much of that hollywood stuff, or you may be inclined to believe it. For the record, Forrest Gump is stupid and wrong, life is not a box of choclates, it's more like a box of crap, and maybe somewhere in the crap is a choclate... By the way, what kind of Tat (tatoo) did you get? My wife has several of them and she seems to like them... Probably my favorite movie is Shawshank Redemption (and Fight Club), because it is right, in the end all we really do have is hope. And as long as you keep hope, you'll make it through anything. I hope this helps you, I hope you find yourself again, and I hope that you enjoy the journey of finding yourself and the journey of life (after all, in the end it is all that we have - the journey). Take care, and good luck; let me know if you need anything.

-Webmaster

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to see you are back! I'm not really sure what to say but you are an inspiration to me and hang in there as Winston said
"If your going through hell, keep going." Talk to you soon.

7:49 AM  
Blogger handamer said...

ya know even though the miles that seperate us are far. You still know im a friend......and another thing u better get your white paste ass to my wedding...im not going to take no for a answer on that u know this? well tell u what i gotta get my butt back to work I will talk to you soonner than you think...

all the love in my farts
WHR

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home