Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Copacetic Fruition...or "The Supa-Fine Ending"

No no...I'm not going anywhere. I shall return, as the General said...or something!

Well, here's the scoop. I'm leaving Ruston within the next 4 hours for Dallas for GeekFest 2004. While there, I'm going to have some fun, meet some cool people, play some cool games, eat some exotic Texican (foreign) foods, and maybe even sleep once or twice. Well, once at least. The only thing that I can think of that really sucks is this: I know nobody that is going to be there. Yeah...that sucks. Well, I take that back. I know that I have a cousin that lives in/near Dallas...but I haven't seen her in 15 years, doubt that she, her husband whom I've never met, nor her kids play games, and I wouldn't recognize any of them if they did show up anyway. Then, there is my investment guy...he lives in Fort Worth. I haven't seen him in over 20 years and REALLY wouldn't recognize him even if he told me who he was.

Ok, so yes...you read that right. I have an Investment guy whom I haven't seen in over 20 years. How in the world could I trust someone who doesn't know me? Who better to trust than someone you've never met! (enter news articles about Enron and every other large corporation that crashed and burned the last couple years due to accounting errors/intentional mess-ups). Well, ok...he's a childhood friend of my dads. My dad invests through him, so I do too. I mean, it could be worse...I could just give my money to some slobbering, frothy faced monkey to do my investing. Then again, after over 20 years, he might be! AAAH!!!

You know what I would really like to eat right now? Some banana pudding with those vanilla cookies on top. Wow...that would really hit the spot right now. Just the creamy goodness that is banana pudding with those strange chunks of banana dispersed within...and half crunchy, half soggy vanilla wafers. BAM! That's yummy.

Well, I'll try to post again when I get to Dallas and whilst there. Whilst....wth!? Does anyone even USE that word anymore? Then again, I used "Copacetic" and "Fruition" in my title...next time, expect "facetious" and "coquettish". Yeah baby, YEAH!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sun said...

Mmmmm. Banana pudding. Damn you and your food talk! Now I want banana pudding!

Have a great time at Geekfest! (I will never be able to remember the real name of it.) I'm sure you'll meet all sorts of new little friends. (And if anyone bullies you, you just remember to walk a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes!)Make sure to wear clean underwear and sunscreen if you sit out by the pool! I expect you home in one piece so we can make fun of people with lesser vocabularies and poor grammar.

Cheers!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home