Sunday, June 12, 2005

I'm finally home.

As everyone does that doesn’t write that often in their blog, I have a really good reason. I’ve been really busy trying to get everything situated in the new place and have been looking for a job etc. Moving is quite tiring, let me tell ya. Anyway, let me fill you in on the last two weeks.

I left Ruston at about 5am and by 4pm, I was in Eastern Tennessee (east of Knoxville). I can honestly say that the first leg of my trip was the longest that I’ve ever sat in one place without moving that much. I stopped for fuel several times, but other than that, I didn’t move at all. No fun. The scenery was actually was pretty nice in some areas. I mean, Tennessee has the Smoky Mountains that just rock (then again, that could just be because neither Louisiana nor Kansas has mountains). I went to bed probably around 8 that evening and woke up at 4 the next morning to begin the last leg of the trip.

I can honestly say that the scenery in the second part of the trip was much nicer than the first. Unfortunately, it was dark for the first 2 hours of the trip. That figures, right? Anyway, driving the rest of the way through Tennessee and into Virginia (I was there before 6am) was in the dark, but once the sun came up, there were mountains everywhere. Mountains and deer, actually. I pulled up to the apartment at noon on Sunday. 1128.7 miles traveled with only 1 real full meal (I ate at Cracker Barrel in Tennessee for supper). I was tired and hungry, so I took care of the food need first, and then started unloading the trailer.

Let me first say that loading a trailer is much easier than unloading one. It took me only 1.5 hours to load this UHaul trailer, but 1.5 days (yes, that’s days) to unload it. Part of the problem lies in the fact that I now reside on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex with no elevator, but I used to live in a single floored duplex. Yeah, I can see the problem, can you? Anyway, with some help from one of groovy’s work people, everything was up inside the apartment (Thanks, by the way…just in case you ever read this).

So, all my junk was in here, but everything was in boxes in the living room. For the next several days, my sole task was emptying boxes and finding places for all my junk. Not fun. There is decidedly less space here than I had before, but that’s ok. I ended up getting a storage place and have some of the less important things located there. Anyway, the first thing I hooked up was (are you ready?) (you’re going to be wrong) my TV and DVD player. I wanted music to be able to play and stuff so that the unpacking would go quicker. It helped out a lot.

Well, since then, I’ve gotten almost all of my stuff unpacked and have temporarily found a job. I say temporarily because the job is a definite non-fit. I won’t go into it until I quit working there, but just let me say that the sooner I find another job, the better. I come home so tired and depressed, it’s not funny.

Other than the job situation, everything is going great.

I have one non-moving topic I want to talk about for a second. What’s the deal with all these kidnapped people and runaway people getting all this news time? Are there REALLY that few important things going on in the world that the media finds it necessary to focus on complete strangers and nobodies? I mean, take Terry Schivo…the woman was a nobody, and yet, for several weeks, she was all that was on the news. Personally, I don’t care! The lady that ran away from her wedding…WHO CARES?! I don’t care at all, and I don’t see the point of focusing the news and all the media on this woman who, because of her own stupidity, should be fined and thrown in jail. Or this high school girl who got drunk and ran off with 3 local guys and ended up dead. Why is this news?! She’s one girl! Are her parents richer than the poor kid from Smalltown, MD who got kidnapped and will only get local coverage if they are lucky? If it’s money that makes these things happen this way, I say take the money from them, split it with several people who were kidnapped and let them all get some air time. It’s idiotic.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

woot sounds like u had some fun (eating) always fun..anyways bro seems like your doing okay and all that good rock..glad to hear it see it what ever u wanna call it..hehe check your email btw if u didn't get what I sent email me back

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home