Wednesday, September 08, 2004

The bane of my existance...

No no...I'm just kidding.

I decided last night, while reading a book...go figure, that I really need to work on my descriptive skills. I mean, here I am, trying to write a story. The prologue (which is, of course, all I have written so far) flows ok, it's just not very descriptive...or rather, it's not as descriptive as it should be. So, from this point forward, I'm going to try to use decriptive, colorful language.

What am I? "All day long, I move. I bring people to where they need to go. I have wheels, brakes, doors and a car. I don't move on streets, in the air or even over land." What am I? Give up? If you have...keep reading. I'm an elevator. Well, ok...'I' am not an elevator, but the words above these are. This brings me to a question that I've asked several people, none of which had an answer.

I presently work in a two story building that has an elevator. The stairs are just as easy to take, granted, but many, MANY people take this elevator all day long. Now, the ironic thing is, it's a two story building, and there are buttons for the floors inside the elevator. My question is this: Why have floor buttons in an elevator with only two floors to choose from? I mean, if you are on the first floor and you get on the elevator, you obviously want to go to the second. If you are on the second floor and you get on the elevator, you obviously want to go to the first. Can someone PLEASE explain this to me?

This is going to be a rough week. I'm supposed to finish a project I've been working on for a week and a half that is nowhere near complete. I have to fix my neighbors computer that was working FINE until he took it to the computer store. I have to write the single most serious email I've ever written in my entire life. I have to clean my office at home. Fun fun fun in the Louisiana sun.

-LT

1 Comments:

Blogger Sun said...

This is going to be a rough week.So...how do you deal?Ahhhhh shameless plugs. Anyway, if there's anything I can do to help, well, you know.

I'm going to have to think some more about the elevator question.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home